VOLUNTEER at the VPCC!
Volunteering at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center (VPCC) is a great way to become part of the cycling community and to learn more about the sport of track cycling. Meet the cyclists – from the pros and amateurs to the future stars, masters and rookies – fans and sponsors. Many of the volunteer positions run right next to the action, which gives you an up-close, first-hand look at what goes on behind the scenes. Our volunteers get to interact with some of the greatest fans and best riders in the world.
When asked why they volunteer, our staff list giving back to the sport of cycling and staying involved in the community as two of their top reasons. That sounds pretty good to us. If it sounds good to you, please review the additional information on getting involved and sign-up now!
Most of the volunteer positions require Friday night commitments. Volunteers are also needed for the annual spring and fall Bike Swap, National Championship events and some limited private facility rentals. The VPCC is always accepting new volunteers.
All volunteers will receive a VPCC volunteer t-shirt, cold beverages, and complimentary tickets to a World Series of Bicycling event that you can share with family or friends. Volunteers will also receive a variety of small thank you gifts throughout the season.
Send it back (P.O. Box 880, Trexlertown, PA 18087)
Email it back firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call Matt at 610.395.7000 with your availability for the 2013 Season
Job requirements include:
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to have fun, while working hard
- Desire to give back to the community
Positions are available in:
Security: monitor access to designated areas
- Infield Lounge
- Gate Keeper/Usher
- Rider Registration
- Home Straight Grandstand
- Back Straight Grandstand
Hospitality: welcome patrons and VIP guest to the VPCC and direct fan traffic
- Ticket Takers/ Greeters:
- Receive tickets at the front gate
- Confirm all patrons are ticketed
- Vend Souvenir Guides
- Issue Race Day programs, event information and additional promotional materials
- Assist with VIP reception
- Distribute event passes for VIP areas
- Direct VIPs to their designated area(s)
- Keep traffic moving in and out of parking areas
- Direct season ticket holders/riders/staff/guests to appropriate parking areas
- Direct patrons to assigned seats
- Confirm seating assignments
- Work cooperatively with Security Staff
Runners: serve as assistants to VPCC Event Staff and Race Officials
For additional information on volunteering, please contact the VPCC
(email@example.com, subject line “Volunteer” or 610.395.7000, ext. 224)